Course Details And Deadlines
- Each year, the Stanford Biodesign Innovation course includes 48 graduate or postdoctoral students from the schools of Medicine, Business, Engineering, Humanities & Science, and Law. These participants work together in eight multidisciplinary teams with six students each.
- Biodesign Innovation is a fast-paced, demanding four-unit course. Attendance is mandatory and students are expected to take both quarters of the class series.
- Enrollment in the Biodesign Innovation course is by application only. Some applicants may also be invited to participate in a 15-minute phone interview.
- The application requires the following information:
- Basic background and education/work/research experience
- Why you are interested in medical technology innovation (250 words or less)
- Your bio, which will be distributed to students and class mentors if accepted (150 words or less)
- Your commitment to taking both quarters of the course series
For Stanford GSB students:
November 3 - Information session with course faculty from 12:10-1:10 at the GSB in room C102. RSVP here by November 1.
November 10 - Applications due by 12:00 pm
November 17 - Enrollment decisions announced
For all other Stanford students:
November 27 - Information session with course faculty from 5:00-6:15 pm at the Li Ka Shing Center, room LK130. RSVP here by November 24.
December 11 - Applications due by 12:00 pm
December 15 - Enrollment decisions announced
Who Should Apply?
The Biodesign teaching team is looking for smart, motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial graduate and postdoctoral-level participants with an interest in technology, a commitment to improving healthcare, and a dedication to making a real-world project a success.
Please email Shiqin Xu for more information about the course.