Course Details And Deadlines
- Each year, the Stanford Biodesign Innovation course includes 48 graduate or postdoctoral students from the schools of Medicine, Business, Engineering, Humanities & Science, and Law. These participants work together in eight multidisciplinary teams with six students each.
- Biodesign Innovation is a fast-paced, demanding four-unit course. Attendance is mandatory and students are expected to take both quarters of the class series.
- Enrollment in the Biodesign Innovation course is by application only. Some applicants may also be invited to participate in a 10-minute phone interview.
- The application requires the following information:
- Basic background and education/work/research experience
- Why you are interested in medical technology innovation (250 words or less)
- Your bio, which will be distributed to students and class mentors if accepted (250 words or less)
- Your commitment to taking both quarters of the course series
For Stanford GSB students:
November 4 - Information session with course faculty from 12:10-1:10 at the GSB in room C105. RSVP here.
November 11 - Applications due by 12:00 pm
November 18 - Enrollment decisions announced
For all other Stanford students:
December 1 - Information session with course faculty from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Clark Center, room MSOB X303. RSVP here.
December 12 - Applications due by 12:00 pm
December 16 - Enrollment decisions announced
Who Should Apply?
The Biodesign teaching team is looking for smart, motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial graduate and postdoctoral-level participants with an interest in technology, a commitment to improving healthcare, and a dedication to making a real-world project a success.
Please email Lyn Denend for more information about the course.