Course Details And Deadlines
- In 2023-24, the Stanford Biodesign Innovation course will include 36 graduate and post-graduate students from the schools of Medicine, Business, Engineering, Humanities & Science, and Law. These participants will work together in six multidisciplinary teams of six students each.
- Biodesign Innovation is a fast-paced, demanding four-unit course. Attendance is mandatory and, importantly, students are required to take both quarters of the class series.
- Enrollment in the Biodesign Innovation course is by application only. Some applicants may also be invited to participate in a 15-minute phone interview.
- The application requires the following information:
- Basic background and education/work/research experience
- Why you are interested in medical technology innovation (250 words or less)
- Your bio, which will be distributed to students and class mentors if accepted (150 words or less)
- Your commitment to taking both quarters of the course series
The dates for upcoming information sessions and the next applications deadline can be found below.
Info session for ENG and MED participants - Monday, October 30, 5:30-6:30 pm, Li Ka Shing Building LKSC 120 - Please RSVP by October 25
Info session for GSB students - Monday, November 6, 12-1:00 pm, Faculty Building East E107 - Please RSVP by November 2
Application deadline - Friday, November 10
Decisions announced - Friday, December 1
Who Should Apply?
The Stanford Biodesign teaching team is looking for smart, motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial graduate and postdoctoral-level participants with an interest in technology, a commitment to improving healthcare, and a dedication to making a real-world project a success.
Please email Shiqin Xu for more information about the course.