Commitment to Diversity
Diversity at Stanford Biodesign
Stanford Biodesign is committed to providing an inclusive and respectful work environment. Our training approach depends on bringing together individuals with different academic and professional experiences who share a passion for health technology innovation. We believe that diversity across multiple dimensions, including gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds, provides a breadth of perspectives that inspires creativity and helps us innovate for different patient populations. We rely on all of our fellows, students, staff, and faculty to contribute to the diversity and inclusiveness of our workplace and to honor these essential aspects of our culture.
Our ongoing efforts to strengthen diversity at Stanford Biodesign include:
- Promoting our programs to diverse populations and recruiting students, fellows, staff, and faculty with varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Regularly communicating to students, fellows, staff, and faculty why we value a diverse workplace and how they can contribute.
- Establishing and upholding policies that support an inclusive and respectful work environment, as well as clear processes for identifying and resolving workplace issues.
- Engaging a “task force” of alumni fellows, staff, and faculty to monitor progress against our diversity and culture goals and help us advance in these important areas.
- Connecting with relevant organizations at Stanford University and across Silicon Valley to better understand the state of diversity in the health technology industry and collaborate on ways to improve equity and inclusion in the field.
If you have questions about Stanford Biodesign’s position on diversity or our work environment, please contact Carolyn Heller. We also welcome your suggestions.
More About Us
From the story of our founding and growth to our promise for the future of health technology innovation, there’s so much to discover about Stanford Biodesign.