Discover more about the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship....
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is a launch pad for initiating, redirecting, or accelerating a career in health technology innovation. Stanford Biodesign graduates apply their talents to:
- Catalyzing innovation inside major medical device, diagnostic, digital health, and biotechnology companies
- Building their own health technology start-ups
- Teaching and/or leading translational research programs for world-class universities
- Driving innovation initiatives within academic or private medical centers
- Becoming specialists in design, investing, or other aspects of the health technology innovation ecosystem
They also become part of the Stanford Biodesign community, which is a life-long, worldwide network of innovators passionate about improving healthcare.
Individuals with advanced degrees and/or substantial work experience in the engineering, life sciences, computer science, business, product design, law, medical, or nursing fields are encouraged to apply. Fellows will be selected based on their experience, passion, and drive, as well as their potential to become leading innovators in the health tech field. Applicants are welcome from any country.
Stanford Biodesign Fellows become members of the Stanford Biodesign team at the James H. Clark Center on the Stanford University campus. Clinical immersion is completed at Stanford Health Care, as well as a variety of other settings across the continuum of care.
The fellowship is a full-time, intensive experience that runs from the beginning of August through early June each year. Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellows receive a monthly stipend and health benefits during their fellowship period.
Applications for the 2025-26 fellowship will open in May 2024 and will close in mid-August 2024. More information will be available this spring. To learn more about the program and the application process, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.