From The Innovator’s Workbench
Stanford Biodesign launched the From the Innovator’s Workbench speaker’s series in 2003 to enable the Stanford Biodesign community and the public to learn from the greatest health technology innovators of our time. With multiple Innovator’s Workbench events held annually, each one features an individual or a panel of innovators being interviewed about their innovation process, insights, and perspectives on the changing healthcare landscape.
David Cassak, a renowned healthcare journalist, is the host of the series. In this role, he has interviewed leaders across the health technology industry, beginning with Thomas Fogarty, legendary surgeon and inventor, for the first Workbench event.
The series is currently sponsored by Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Please watch our News & Events page for upcoming offerings in the From the Innovator’s Workbench series.
Recordings from Past Events
- Andre Michel Ballester (no recording available)
- Stanton Rowe, Stan Rabinovich (audio)
- Ferolyn Powell, Fred St. Goar (audio)
- Howard Levin, Mark Gelfand (audio)
- Omar Ishrak (audio)
- John Dineen (audio)
- Alex Gorsky (audio)
- Michael Kaschke (audio)
- Robert, Tim, and David Fischell (audio)
- Marty Leon (audio)
- Frank Litvack (no recording available)
- Michael Baker (audio)
- Steve Oesterle (audio)
- Steve MacMillan (audio)
- Karen Talmadge (no recording available)
- Richard Stack (no recording available)
- Michael Mussallem (no recording available)
- Rick Gonzalez (no recording available)
- John Abele (video)
- Eberhard Grube (video)
- Simon Stertzer (video)
- Mir Imran (video)
- Michael Lesh (video)
- William New (video)
Stanford Biodesign provides broad and diverse resources to help you learn, connect, advance, and innovate.
- Learning Materials on health technology innovation and how we teach it. Read more
- Alumni Association Our international community of Stanford Biodesign Fellowship alumni. Read more
- Careers Launch or accelerate your profession in health technology innovation. Read more
- Directory Meet the many people within our growing circle. Read more