Our Venture Partners help shape educational program development and participate as speakers and moderators at Biodesign events. Venture Partners may also assist with market evaluation and technology assessment as well as providing contacts and resources for development/incubation of new technologies. For more information about the Biodesign Venture Partners Program, please contact Gordon Saul by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HLM Venture Partners is a proven, successful venture capital health care
investor. Over 60 privately held health care companies have benefited from
our expertise, resources and commitment. Emerging health care companies can
be confident that HLM Venture Partners’ longevity, integrity and reputation
will be invaluable assets as we work together to transform their innovative
ideas into market-leading businesses.
- Contact HLM Venture Partners:
- 201 Mission Street, Suite 2240
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Intellectual Ventures is building an active market for invention that brings together expertise and capital, and links buyers with sellers. We see great opportunities for inventors, companies, investors, partners, and world economies to benefit from a global market for invention.
Our goal is to develop a more efficient and dynamic invention economy, establishing an invention capital system. We build, buy, and collaborate to create inventions. We supply those inventions to innovative companies through a variety of licensing and partnering programs. We believe an active market for invention and ideas will energize technological progress, potentially changing the world for the better.
- Contact Intellectual Ventures:
- 3150 139th Ave SE, Building 4, Bellevue, WA 98005
- InterWest invests an average of about 5 million
dollars over the span of our involvement with each company in our
portfolio. We invest in companies through the full range of venture
investment stages, and investments may be staged over several rounds
of financing. Although we generally begin our involvement in the
early stages of a company's development, we pursue attractive
opportunities based on their individual merits rather than their
investment stage. InterWest is the lead investor in more than
70-percent of the investments we make, reflecting our ability to
marshal resources and organize financings on behalf of our portfolio
companies. We maintain relationships with our portfolio companies for
an average of 4 years and in some cases for 10 years or more. An
InterWest general partner serves as a director for 85-percent of the
companies in our portfolio, often continuing to serve even after the
partnership's investment in the company has been returned. This high
level of personal commitment enables us to deliver on our fundamental
promise to the entrepreneurs we back: to add value beyond the capital
- Contact Interwest Partners:
- 2710 Sand Hill Road, Second Floor, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Dr. Arnold Oronsky
- Lightstone Ventures was founded in 2012 by the General Partners and other key members of the life science teams of Advanced Technology Ventures (ATV) and Morgenthaler. The firm was formed to capture the upside of investing in breakthrough life science companies during a time of unique opportunity in the space.
- Contact Lightstone Ventures:
- 485 Ramona Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Founded in 2006, Longitude Capital is a venture capital firm that invests in medical device and biotechnology companies developing products that address important unmet medical or economic needs in the life sciences industry.
Longitude’s investment team has more than 100 years of industry experience and has invested in over 100 life sciences companies. We are active, lead investors who work closely with portfolio companies to achieve corporate objectives and build value for our limited partners.
Our inaugural fund, the $325,000,000 Longitude Venture Partners, L.P., was closed in 2008. Our offices are in Menlo Park, California and Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Contact Longitude Capital:
- 800 El Camino Real,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Established in 2009, Mérieux Développement is an evergreen fund specialized in the healthcare sector, conducting growth and venture capital investments worldwide. Mérieux Développement works alongside entrepreneurs whose products and services can bring genuine advances to the health of patients and consumers, offering them access to its industry expertise and global network.
We invest in future leaders of the healthcare industry. We actively support those companies who create solutions to unmet needs and provide better access to high-value products and services through innovation. We are bringing our expertise and global network to enable outstanding entrepreneurs to disrupt and create new markets.
Mérieux Développement is an affiliate of Institut Mérieux, which employs around 13,000 employees worldwide with consolidated revenues exceeding EUR 2.0 billion in 2013. Other companies owned by Institut Mérieux include bioMérieux (in vitro diagnostics), Mérieux NutriSciences (food safety and nutrition services) and Transgene (immunotherapy).
- Contact Merieux Developpement:
- MxD North America LLC
355 Main Street, Suite 802
Cambridge, MA 02142
+ 1 (617) 679 8000
- For nearly 30 years, the Mohr Davidow team has invested in disruptive startups and worked closely with exceptional entrepreneurs to create venture returns by developing and bringing to market technology-based products and services. Mohr Davidow invests in companies that transform industries whether through better infrastructure for our rapidly evolving data-intensive digital world, more efficient power for our planet, or better, more personalized medicine. The firm is thesis driven and focused on discovering the first movers in emerging categories. The partners engage early to have highest impact and to drive the largest outcomes. Category-leading companies funded by Mohr Davidow include: Agile (ORCL); AudienceScience; Brocade (BRDC); Coupa; Genomatica; Infusionsoft; Kabbage; Nanosolar; nLight; ONI Systems (CIEN); Pacific Biosciences (PACB); Panasas; ParAccel; ParAllele (AFFX); Proofpoint; OPXBIO; RainDance Technologies; Rally Software; Rambus; Recurrent Energy (acquired by Sharp Corporation); Rocket Fuel; Shutterfly (SFLY); Simbol Materials; Ticketfly; Visible Measures; and ZeaChem.
- Contact Mohr Davidow Ventures:
- 3000 Sand Hill Road, Bldg 3, Suite 290, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Rowan Chapman
Alex de Winter
- Rowan Chapman
- New Enterprise Associates (NEA) is one of the industry's premier venture capital firms. For 21 years, NEA has practiced classic venture capital by investing in early-stage companies and working with management to nurture and build companies of real and lasting value. NEA is now the leading start-up venture investor in the country. NEA shares characteristics with other venture firms but differs in many ways: its size and scope, the number of successful companies it has financed, its geographic reach, the experience and expertise of its partners and its commitment to its entrepreneurs and their companies. Since inception in 1978, more than 100 NEA companies have gone public; more than 60 since 1991.
- Contact NEA:
- 2855 Sand Hill Road Menlo Park, CA 94025
Robert Garland, MD
Josh Makower, MD
- ONSET Ventures is a 20-year-old venture capital firm specializing in information and medical technology-based start-ups that has pioneered a shirt-sleeves style of active collaboration with entrepreneurs, to conceive and develop sustainable businesses of significant value.
We've backed nearly 100 companies since 1984, focusing on early-stage and select later stage enterprises in business-to-business markets. Today, we have more than $700 million under management, and an enviable track record: over 80% of ONSET investments have gone on to achieve successive levels of financing, significantly higher than the industry at large.
- Contact Onset Ventures:
- 2490 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, California 94025
- Founded in 1979, Sanderling Ventures is amongst the oldest and most established U.S. venture firm focused exclusively on biomedical investing (in the fields of biotechnology, medical devices and information health).
Sanderling focuses on seed and early-stage investing and has developed a unique strategy to enable it to earn consistently high rates of return across multiple vintage years.
Key to Sanderling’s success is the depth of experience of its managers who have a collective 275 years in private equity investing and operational management. The managers have played a leading role in companies that have laid the foundation for the modern biomedical industry including Genentech, Hybritech and Guidant (Advanced Cardiovascular Systems). Most recently, the team has lead some of the largest M&As and IPOs in the industry, including Target Therapeutics ($1.1 bil M&A), Intermune ($125 mil IPO), Cardionet ($81 mil IPO) and Actimis ($515 mil M&A).
- Contact Sanderling Ventures:
- 400 S. El Camino Real, Suite 1200, San Mateo, CA 94402
Tim Mills, PhD
- U.S. Venture Partners is a venture capital management Firm that invests pri marily in early stage technology, medical, and consumer companies. USVP's objec tive is to finance, and help to build well-managed enterprises of significant va lue in its targeted industry sectors. The Firm seeks people with skills, experie nce, vision, energy and persistence, and is proactive in supporting the entrepre neurs in the identification and achievement of their business objectives. USVP is one of the larger and more prominent venture capital firms on the West Coast. With the significant record of extensive direct operating experience of its partners and as a lead early round investor in many successful companies, the Firm has the ability to provide capital, counsel, financial and management expertise and access through a broad network of relationships.
- Contact USVP:
- 2735 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Alan Kaganov, ScD
Jonathan Root, MD
- Alan Kaganov, ScD